Monday, October 22, 2012

First Female Coach In The NBA?

Natalie Nakase was a former point guard at UCLA and as a pro in Japan. She then suffered an injury, which then stopped her from playing basketball, so she put focus some where else. She loved the game of basketball so much, she then wanted it to become her profession, but not as a player but a coach. She recently found a job as an intern for the video coordinator for the L.A. Clippers, which gives her a foot in the NBA door. "Everyone doubted me, even coaches," Nakase said. "Even on campus, people thought I was on the gymnastics team. Stuff like that I use as motivation to work even harder and I've been pretty much proving everyone wrong since." She trains with NBA player Earl Watson. To say that I think she’s going to be an NBA head coach is a little bit far-reaching. I do believe that we will see in the next few years some coach giving her an opportunity on the court. I don’t think it’s going to be in a decision-making role, I think it’s going to be behind the scenes. But she would be on the bench and I do think the NBA is willing to take that step




 Source: http://www.iousports.org; ESPN.

No comments:

Post a Comment